When you get back from your women’s suffrage celebration march today, your feet might be feeling a bit tired. An at home pedicure is just the thing to soothe them, writes Pawan Ahsan.
Your feet deserve as much attention as the rest of you, after all they take you everywhere. You don’t have to visit a salon to get super soft, smooth and beautiful feet. You can do it all at home with a few basic tools, a glass of bubbles and while merrily binge watching that series you’ve been meaning to catch up on.
1. Buff feet while dry, not wet, with either a good foot file or a pumice stone to really get rid of dry and rough patches.
2. Fill a bowl, bucket or a home foot spa with warm water and add a relaxing foot soak or Epsom salt with a few drops of lavender essential oil. Soak feet for 10 minutes.
3. Pat dry feet with a towel and massage using a foot scrub or any body scrub to take off any remaining hard skin. Wash off and dry.
4. Rub cuticle oil (optional) onto cuticles and gently push them back using a cuticle stick.
5. Using nail clippers, cut straight across the nail to avoid painful ingrown nails.
6. Gently and slightly smooth the edges with a nail file.
7. Massage your feet with a good foot lotion.
8. If you’d like to add some nail polish, wipe nails with a damp cotton wool pad to remove the lotion. Then apply a base coat, followed by two coats of polish and a flawless top coat.
9. Enjoy your gorgeous glamorous feet!