Shaken Udder do some very moreish milkshakes that are great for summer drinking, but also rather handy for cooking. These scones are great for everything from posh afternoon teas to foodie picnics in the garden. Enjoy!
These chocolate chip scones make a real change from the norm. Served with cream and fresh fruit, they are a delicious treat.
Prepare: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
250g self-raising flour
2 tsps baking powder
30g caster sugar
2 free-range egg
50g milk chocolate chips
Cream and fresh raspberries, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Lightly butter a baking tray.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Rub in the butter with fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Break one egg into a measuring jug and make up to 150ml with the Chocolush milkshake.
4. Stir the chocolate chips into the dry ingredients, then make a well in the centre and pour in the Chocolush and egg mixture.
5. Beat to mix and stir into a soft dough. Lightly knead until smooth. Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Roll out the mixture to about 1cm thick and cut into rounds using a pastry cutter. Place on the baking tray and wash with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until well risen and golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack and serve with cream and raspberries.
Prefer something even more chocolatey? Check out these no added sugar brownies.