Kedgeree is a popular Anglo-Indian breakfast dish adapted from kichri, a simple dish of lentils and rice. This version is from Primal Cure, a site that promotes optimum health through a particular way of eating. Check it out if you feel it might work for you, but remember to always ask your doctor before setting off on a new nutrition journey.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 servings
2 fillets smoked haddock organic
2 large eggs free range and organic
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp coconut oil raw and organic
250 grams cauliflower rice organic
250 grams cooked red lentils organic
1 tbsp mixed seeds
1/3 bunch coriander organic and finely sliced
1 large onion diced
1 crushed garlic
1/2 juice lemon organic
- Begin by grilling your smoked haddock fillets for 8-10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, bring your eggs to boil for 8 minutes. Once done, drain the hot water and pop the eggs in a cold bowl to cool down before peeling.
- In a pan melt a tsp of coconut oil and add the chopped onion and garlic and fry until golden brown. Once done, add the spices and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice, lentils,mixed seeds and coriander. Carefully stir and whilst stirring, add the lemon juice.
- Once everything is cooked, slice the boiled eggs and flake the haddock. Serve up the kedgeree and then top each plate with a fair serving of haddock and eggs. Top with more coriander if desired and serve.