We’re big fans of home delivery schemes that connect producers to consumers, especially when those producers are exceptionally good ones. If you feel the same, then Farmdrop need to be on your radar. They deliver quality groceries nationwide from excellent local producers. They’ve also kindly given us this rhubarb frangipane recipe, perfect to finish up a summer dinner party properly.
Here’s a pudding that celebrates outdoor grown rhubarb and is a marvel to make as it’s pastry free. The pink colour of the rhubarb pops in this pud and its earthy flavour works wonders with the rich almondy frangipane.
175g icing sugar
50g plain flour
100g ground almonds
1 lemon, zested
5 egg whites
175g butter, melted
150g rhubarb, cut into 2 inch pieces
15g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease an ovenproof dish and add layer of greaseproof paper.
- Sieve the icing sugar, flour, almonds and lemon zest into a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites for 30 seconds.
- Mix the egg whites and butter with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the dish. Arrange the rhubarb on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 180°C. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of creme fraiche.